Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Laundry Day



What a blast from the past (lame.. couldn't think of anything more clever)! The last time I blogged from my parents' house was when I still lived here, which will be 2 years ago in April. As incredible as living on my own is, one major downside is that the only laundry machines in my building cost a fortune to use. Lucky for me, my parents happen to live about a 3 minute drive away and they are generous enough to let me use there machines for free, plus I get to hang out with my parents and my puppy, Maggie, for the day!

Maggie and I have a little thing we do, where whenever I hear the washing machine chime I excitedly say "MAGGIE WANNA DO LAUNDRY?!" and she jumps up and goes down the the basement with me and digs through all my dirty laundry while I sort it. It's so unbelievably uncool, but she's too cute for me to not get all excited about. I was so against getting a smaller dog after our black lab passed away, but the second I picked her out I became a hysterical, crazy little dog lady. Brad just shakes his head when I run through the door to my parent's house and start squealing with happiness to see her fly around the corner and jump into my arms.



As soon as I've arrived, Maggie expects that I will go into the kitchen and sit at the bar stools with her on my lap (she even barks at the empty chair if we don't do that immediately). My mom taught her the important commands like "sit" and "stay", whereas I am the one responsible for successfully teaching her to spin in a circle, and dance on her hind legs.

So yep, after being a big dog person my entire life, I finally get what this whole "little dog" thing is all about. But let's get real.. who wouldn't be for that little smoosh-face!




10 comments:

  1. I feel like we are the same human being.
    I also have an apartment with washer and dryer facilities that cost a fortune.
    I also go home to do my laundry (every Sunday!).
    I also have a dog at my mother's house that I am obsessed with.

    It sucks not having a washer and dryer and a pet! One of these days... haha. Her little face is so cute in that last picture! Awe!

    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and by the way I gave the blonde girl print I got from your giveaway to my little niece for her birthday (my sister is obsessed with prints right now) and she was so cute about it! She's was turning three, and the pulled it out and was like, "Oh my gosh Emmy.... this soooo cute. So cute. Ah! A baby fox!" Haha. It was so funny. We laughed for so long. Anyways! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow This is a gorgeous look!:) I really like the way the maroon, black, and the floral dress all play off of each other. I would've never come up with something like this!

    http://guesswhoknowsclothes.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-perfect-fit.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maggie’s a brilliant name for a pup, she’s gorgeous!! We have a Springer Spaniel but he’s living with the in laws until we return from India – I miss him like crazy :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful dress and your dog is absolutely adorable! :3

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, you look so gorgeous! hope we can follow via gfc and bloglovin! :)))

    http://sartorialwackoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your kind words on my blog, they sweetened my day!
    Your dress is just adorable and the stockings, too! And your hair looks so lovely!

    Have a great week,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute dress. We invite to visit our blog, and maybe we can follow each other. Please let us know
    Bebe bracelet giveaway on the blog
    a beautiful maison
    fb/abeautifulmaison

    ReplyDelete
  9. awww your dog is too cute!
    I love your outfit, you look so pretty in that lovely dress... and the layered stockings, nice touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog! You look so cute in that dress!
    <3
    Sasha
    beauty-by-sasha.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete