Saturday, February 15, 2014

Happy Valentines Day!

dress- H&M / boots- Journeys / cardigan- Winners / tights- Ardenes / belt- Forever21
Or, belated Valentines Day I suppose... I hope that you all had a wonderful day doing whatever it was you were doing. My morning was spent running errands, and buying my mom a bouquet of flowers since my dad is away on a trip out West.. turns out he had roses delivered anyways (go dad!) but she still appreciated them. Originally, Brad and I were going to stay in and cook a roast, which sounds like nothing special, but for a student couple living on their own, red meat is a special occasion. Unfortunately, it didn't thaw in time, so we decided to go on a date to our favourite microbrewery down the street, The Merchant Ale House. Seriously, on the off chance you ever end up in the Niagara Region (St. Catharines, specifically) this is the place to go! We spent the rest of the night watching 10 Things I Hate About You and drinking way too much wine (which I suffered for this morning).

I have this awful habit of being very vague about what I want to do for special occasions, and then getting grumpy when things don't pan out the way I wanted.. Valentines Day began as no exception to this, and I found myself ho-humming in my car that Brad had barely acknowledged the day, and I bought myself some flowers to cheer up... then of course I came home to find a gorgeous bouquet of white roses, and I felt like I didn't even deserve a Valentine, let alone this amazing and generous guy.. but for some reason, he puts up with my insanity, so thank goodness for that! Now my living room is like a little garden, and I am longing for Spring. I'm not necessarily over winter, since it is my favourite season, I'd just like a touch of heat sometime soon!

This is the outfit I wore on our date (and then again today, because... laundry day).

On another note, I have added a new print to my Etsy shop. It is a painting that I just completed last week and is pictured at the end of this post. I'd love if you could check it out, tell a friend, whatever!





my newest painting, sold as 8x10 prints in my Etsy shop

21 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS LOOK
    http://khalilelalaoui.blogspot.com/2014/02/nostalgie-for-b.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty just love your eye make-up and dress <3

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always look so lovely, this outfit is no exception :)
    Lauren
    Exploring My Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome outfit and super cool pics Loved :)
    http://heyhadrien.blogspot.com/2014/02/first-cap.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the polka dot dress! :)
    http://fluteplayer05.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. that print is brilliant. also, i love 10 things i hate about you. we watched war of the world haha. but when heath ledger died me and my friend ate heath bars and watched 10 things i hate about you in remembrance! lol. pretty flowers!
    xoxo
    e
    nine-fortytwo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a very cute Valentines Day! I asked my boy to watch 10 things I hate about you that night too, he said, no way... Sigh, I wanted to see the dreamy Heath Ledger...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing blogg<3 I would be so happy if you could follow me back on GFC ღ Keep blogging! xxpeach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your dress is amazing :)

    http://glassow.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress and tights go so well together, lovely outfit! Sounds like you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :) xx

    Adventures of an Anglophile

    ReplyDelete
  11. reading your post, i can SO relate to not being clear about what i want, and then being upset when i don't get it. it's so stupid, but glad i'm not the only one. you look lovely & i'm happy your day turned out better than you had thought it would be!

    xo,
    gabby
    www.likealittlefox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your remember me of a german blogger named Kati.
    She has almost the same style as you :D
    Lovely!

    Yours
    zimtkringel.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love that film....mmm Heath Ledger :) You're outfit's lovely, it looks SO cold there I hope it starts to warm up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Chelsea, I love the polka dots dress. that's sweet about you buying flowers for your mum - if i did that I would get yelled at!

    http://www.annanuttall.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you found my blog too, yours is rather lovely! Such a pretty outfit, and lucky you getting those gorgeous roses :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh I love these photos!
    You have such a lovely blog!
    I'm a new follower ;) feel free to check out mine! xo

    http://stylesensemoments.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This look is gorgeous! I love the red tights with that dress, and I like the layers. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for your comment, it means a lot!
    You look absolutely adorable, I love your dress!

    Have a fantastic day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hey! thanks for stopping by :) This is so pretty! esp. the coloured tights. just followed you on GFC, could you follow me back? keep in touch xx peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete